Thank you for visiting my website; the site is only a small taste of what you can expect from the John Rigby experience. I look forward to sharing my skills with you at one of the workshops on offer.
I am continually painting at my studio at Towamba, just out of Eden, NSW. In between there are the car restorations in the workshop and the training conducted throughout the country in Decorative and Faux Finishes, Learn Brush Lettering as well as teaching and mentoring in current competencies in the sign and graphics industries around the country. I also teach large format mural and artwork painting throughout the year as requested.
Many workshops are designed and tailored throughout the year to suit folk and groups as they are required and usually take place at my studio though custom workshops are provided, on request, at all major cities and regional centres. Other venues will be considered, please contact me if you require delivery at other venues.
For details of these workshops and to discuss your individual requirements or custom workshops, either at my studio or at your own venue, and to learn more about these unique learning experiences please contact me via email.
Mentoring for community groups on public art projects is always available and be assured; I am a fully qualified trainer and assessor with up to date certification for working with children and Crim Check requirements as well as working with those who may be challenged in a variety of learning experiences.
Workshops are created as the need arises and if you are interested I am able to present, train and mentor in the following:
- Painting Workshops - Learn about art and painting Beginners achieve a basic introduction & produce an art project on canvas – 1 Day
- Faux Finish and decorative effects – 1 and 2 Day Learn woodgrain & marbling effects
- Drawing and sketching basics – 1 Day
- Modelling and Sculpture in clay – 1 Day
- Songwriting Basics – 1 Day
- Outback campfire Cooking Basics Camp oven & open fire cooking - 1 and 2 Day
- Learn Brush Lettering Learn hand brush skills to achieve lettering projects - 1 to 5 Days
- Heritage Sign Design and Sign Making Make your own sign using traditional letters & effects – from 1 to 5 days
- Basic introduction to Pin Striping – 1 Day
- Custom Outback Adventure – Enjoy art on your tour – As required
- Outback Campfire Cooking Adventures – As required
- Sign and Graphics Industry Training as required